The end of the term is now but days away and we have saved the busiest week of the term until the very end. We have students coming and going all week on a myriad of activities and we have students learning and creating right up ‘til the last bell at 3.15 on Thursday.
- Yesterday we had swimmers at the NSWCCC Championships and others on Wednesday at the NSW PSSA Championships. (results in next term’s newsletter)
- Today our Primary Cross Country team competed in Boorowa and ended up with second placed school overall. We also had many students who placed in the top ten. (A full result list will be posted early next term).
- Over today and tomorrow our Year 8 and 9 students will participate in the regional retreats at St Anne’s Temora.
- On Thursday the Easter Hat Parade will be held in front of a school and parent audience on the Infants playground (weather permitting). Parents and guests will need to sign on using Services NSW app and practice social distancing. The parade will begin at 2.45 and will be concluded in time for the final bell.
- Tomorrow we will have students at the Primary Rugby 10s hosted by Southern Inland Rugby in Cootamundra
- We have some students trialling for the NSWCCC Touch Football Selections on Wednesday as well.
- Thursday at 10am we will be viewing the Year 9 presentation of the Passion of Christ in the church. Parents and guests are invited but we will be abiding by COVID safety protocols of social distance and signing in. (Everyone is also invited to view the prayerful presentation on God Friday at 11am in the Church for the Parish community)
- In the midst of all this we will be operating normal classrooms with lots of teaching and learning.
It has been a lovely week to welcome two of our newest members to our Sacred heart Community. Last Wednesday Mr and Mrs Chesworth welcomed Claudia and yesterday Ms Levett, our wonderful prac student from last year welcomed Ivy. We look forward to meeting these lovely little ladies and wish both their families every happiness.
A reminder that school will return on April 20 for all students. Staff will be involved in professional Learning on the Monday and the Front office will be open for enquiries but student do not return until the Tuesday. We also ask that you keep in mind the ANZAC Day march on Sunday 25 April as we traditionally have a very large cohort to commemorate this significant day in our nation’s culture.
We are already being asked for projected enrolment figures for 2022 so we have started to request details and information about prospective enrolments. Yesterday we promoted our Kindergarten 2022 transition program that will begin in Term 2. Please see below the details about the program and pass onto anyone who may be considering enrolment for next year. We are also about to begin canvasing for Year 7 enrolments for 2022. Again if you know of anyone please ask them to contact the school for further information. You can alternatively visit our website and enrol directly online and we will contact you early next term.
Remember our mantra of being extraordinarily kind because Easter is a wonderful time to consider how we treat each other. Please have a wonderful Easter break, travel safely and we look forward to another wonderful term filled with the richest of God’s blessings.
Go gently was the parting message from Fr Kevin every time I saw him. It is sage advice for us all!
Mrs Nicky Trinder
Sixth Week of Lent
Arsad, an Indonesian farmer, had no toilet in his home, so he and his family had to walk into the forest to the open defecation area, even at night or in the rain.
17% of Indonesia’s rural population practice open defecation – going to the toilet outdoors in fields, forests, and other open spaces.
Arsad’s family was often sick and open defecation caused neighbourhood disputes.
With the support of Caritas Australia and its partner agency, Laz Harfa, Arsad took part in hygiene, sanitation and financial management training.
Arsad decided to fund the building of a toilet and piped water system in his house.
He then helped others in his neighbourhood to save up for toilets.
Now, there are 280 toilets!
Arsad and his family are healthier and have reduced their medical expenses.
Their community no longer practices open defecation and is healthier and happier.
Nearly 12,000 people now have a healthier life.
Arsad has inspired his neighbourhood to ‘Be More’.
Please support the Project Compassion: lent.caritas.org.au
Indigenous Stations of the Cross
Throughout Holy Week all classes have been journeying around the school and participating in praying the way of the cross using our indigenous stations. This allowed our students the time to pray and reflect on the passion of our Lord.
School Enactment of the Lords Passion 10:00am. All are welcome.
This Thursday (Holy Thursday) we commemorate the Last Supper of Jesus and the Apostles. Every time we join together to celebrate the Eucharist we are gathering in the memory of Jesus. Below is a 3-minute retreat you and your family may like to follow on Thursday as a way of reflecting on and praying about this important day.
Friday (Good Friday) is the day as Christian we stop and commemorate the Passion of our Lord. The suffering and death of Jesus is pivotal to seeing our faith as a faith of hope. Below is a 3-minute retreat you and your family may like to follow on Friday as a way of reflecting on and praying about this important day. Our Yr 9 students are enacting the Passion of our Lord at 11:00am on this day. All members of our community are welcome to attend.
Sunday (Easter Sunday) is the day as Christian we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. Easter is the true celebration of Hope. Below is a 3-minute retreat you and your family may like to follow on Friday as a way of reflecting on and praying about this important day.
Wednesday: Yr 9 Retreat-Temora
Thursday: Enactment of the Passion of our Lord 10:00am
Friday: Parish Enactment of the Passion of our Lord 11:00am
Holy Week and Easter Ceremonies
Tuesday 30th March: Lenten Discussion - Presbytery @ 10.00am
Holy Thursday 1st April - Yr 9 Passion Play @ 10.00am
- Last Supper - Vigil Mass @ 7.00pm
Good Friday: Passion Play (Yr9 Sacred Heart Students) @11.00am
Good Friday: Liturgy of The Word, Veneration of the Cross with Holy Communion @3.00pm
Saturday 3rd April: Easter Vigil, Sacred Heart Church @ 7.30pm
Sunday 4th April: Easter Sunday, Sacred Heart Church @ 9.30am
Good Friday Stations of the Cross
The Good Friday Stations of the Cross will be lead by the Year 9 students of Sacred Heart School as they commemorate The Passion of Our Lord with the annual Passion play.
This prayer will take place at 11.00am, Sacred Heart Church.
|Darcy Crouch||Locklan Ross|
|Connor Winsor||Ella Clark|
|William Hazlett||Leo Sutherland|
|Gordon Mackie||Indika White|
|George Clark||Charlotte Gay|
|Daysie Leahy||Ruby James|
|Aleeah Talbot||Lucas Walker|
|Olivier Daley||Anna Clark|
|Maggie Hazlett||Zaheen Alam, Archer Sutherland|
|Lucy Coggan||Maria Mackie|
|Seconday House Points|
AFL sessions for sport
This week we had the opportunity to be involved in a few AFL sessions, students liked learning new skills and participating in the activities.
Students will travel to Boorowa for the Western region cross country on Tuesday the 30th March, good luck and congratulations to all our competitors.
Students will head down to Nicolson Park Wednesday 31st of March to participate in the Rugby gala day. Goodluck and we will post some photos of the day when we receive them.
Wendy Van Kerk Oerle
Primary Sports Coordinator
NSWCCC Swimming - Homebush
Congratulations to Emma Simmons, Evie Leahy, Caitlyn Cram, Declan Brown, Tom Peacey,
Secondary Sport Nominations
Please keep checking the SPORT at SHC secondary Google Classroom for the many sport messages and nomination forms for school representative opportunities. Currently seeking expressions of interest for:
- Small Schools Rugby League
- Tennis players for CG Gala day - Teams of 4 required
- Girls Tackle Rugby League for CG Team
- Soccer for CG Team
- Soccer players for our SHC team to play in the CG Gala day
Secondary Sport Dates
For further information on registrations for NSWCCC representative sports, please see Ms Withers, the SPORT at SHC Google Classroom or go to the links below. Please note that registrations and travel are the responsibility of individual families.
- CSNSW Sport website https://csnsw.sport/
- Canberra Goulburn Sport Nominations https://www.sport.cg.catholic.edu.au/nominations.
As always, if you are concerned about anything to do with PE or Sport, please arrange a meeting or get in contact with me at your earliest convenience. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 69422612 during school hours.
Secondary Sports Coordinator