Today was a successful day. All students and staff were happy to be back in the classroom and we all began the term on a positive note.
A few quick messages for week 1:
* Parents are now able to make bookings for the parent teacher interviews for the 23rd and 28th July. Don't foget to leave your phone number in the comment box and the teacher will call you for the nominated time.
To access the Session Keeper Booking Program please click on the link below.
* The canteen has resumed normal operation and our lovely canteen ladies are looking forward to supplying lunches and recess goodies. The special menu will not operate until we are able to have extra helpers in the canteen. We would still prefer that most orders are placed online to minimise the exchange of money.
* The Uniform Pool is also operating in a modified format. If you are looking for a specific uniform item please email the Front Office with all the necessary details. Mrs Kylie Winsor has generously volunteered to source the items and to have them at the Front Office ready for pick up and payment, (items may be exchanged if they do not fit!)
* The P & F Fundraiser for 2020 is in full swing and tickets have been sent home in the 600 Club for your chance to win $5000. If you would like additional tickets please contact the Front Office. We will have limited opportunities this year to generate the much needed funds that help us provide valuable resources and opportuniities. A hug thank you to our hardworking P & F who generously serve our community.
* An important reminder: if students are unwell we insist that you keep them at home to help us keep our staff and students well and at school.
Thank you for all that you do to support our wonderful school.
Be safe, be kind and God bless!
Regards, Mrs Nicky Trinder Principal
Day 1 Term 3
20 Jul 2020
Welcome back to the new term! When we left the classrooms at the end of Term 2 on the 3rd July we were optimistically hopeful that the worst of the COVID-19 protocols were behind us and we were looking forward to a relatively normal Term 3. However, in two short weeks the grim possibility of a second wave is something that hangs over the start of term but in line with health advice and directions from CSNSW our school will continue to operate full-time, with many additional activities having now recommenced. At this stage there is a clear directive from the Premier and Catholic Education that schools WILL resume as normal and that there is no plan to return to remote learning and that schools will operate face-to-face with strict social distancing and protocols back in place.
As we return to face-to-face learning this term we request that -
STUDENTS DO NOT RETURN IF
They have cold like symptoms or are feeling unwell
That you have been to or near someone who has attended a known COVID hotspot during the school holiday period (Melbourne, areas of Sydney, Batemans Bay or overseas) Unless they have been in isolation for 14 days
Parents are not to be on school grounds. If you have an inquiry or need to contact/collect your child you may come to the Front Office. If you are in any doubt please do not hesitate to contact the school on 69422612.
In line with the latest directives from Catholic Schools NSW it is recommended that we conduct our parent-teacher interviews using technology to minimise the gathering of parents whilst they wait for their scheduled time. Tomorrow the link to the booking site online will be made live for the designated afternoon sessions and parents who would like to receive a call from the nominated teacher will select a time and in the comment box leave their contact number. The phone calls will be time limited (just like normal face-to-face interviews) but if you require additional time you can request another interview time during school hours.
We are also now making changes to our excursion schedule to ensure the safety of students and staff. This has necessitated that we will change some of the bookings for 2020. Advice on the changes will be sent home in the coming days.
As new protocols and guidelines are released we will keep our community up-to-date with regular Schoolzine messages. If you have any queries, at any time, please contact the school.
Stay well, be kind and God bless!
Kind regards, Mrs Nicky Trinder Principal
Canteen open tomorrow
02 Jul 2020
Just a reminder to parents that the Canteen is still operating for lunch tomorrow as the sausage sizzle after Mass will be for recess only.
30 Jun 2020
There have been new cases of head lice reported. Please check your child/ren’s hair for any sign of nits or lice. A simple way to check is to put a generous amount of conditioner on damp hair and then comb through with a nit comb. The conditioner stuns the lice for about 20 minutes, which gives you time to detect any nits or lice in the hair.
This does not kill them.
This check should be carried out on a regular basis,it is quick, easy and effective.
If detected, you will need to treat the hair with a treatment available from either the chemist or Woolworths.
After two weeks of fulltime canteen operations it is apparent that Monday and Tuesdays are not financially viable to have the canteen open for lunch orders. From 15 June the canteen will only be open for online orders on WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY until the end of Term 2. You will be unable to place an order for Monday and Tuesday using the online system as it has been disabled. Hopefully we will be able to return to full operation in Term 3 including recess. Thank you for your understanding and support as we transition back to normal operations.